[Mne_analysis] Lead field spikes using sample BEM - bug or explainable?

Taylor Williams williams.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:00:20 EST 2020

I've updated the shared folder to include a binary version of the Info and
src objects used to create this forward model. To create the forward model,
you can use the following:

import mne
from mne.datasets import sample
import pickle

bem_fname = sample.data_path() +
'/subjects/sample/bem/sample-5120-5120-5120-bem-sol.fif'
trans_fname = sample.data_path() + '/MEG/sample/sample_audvis_raw-trans.fif'

#Compute src for ico4 spacing from scratch
src = mne.setup_source_space('sample', spacing='ico4')
#Or, read src from file, pre-calculated using the command above
#src = pickle.load(open('/LOCAL_PATH_HERE/ico4_src.fif','rb'))

info =
pickle.load(open('/LOCAL_PATH_HERE/sample_bem_1632mag_info.pkl','rb'))

fwd = mne.make_forward_solution(info, trans_fname, src, bem_fname)