[Mne_analysis] permutation_t_test

Maryam Zolfaghar Maryam.Zolfaghar at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 19 11:28:22 EST 2020

Hi all,

I am wondering how the procedure behind "permutation_t_test" works. I have
used the example here
<https://mne.tools/stable/auto_examples/stats/plot_sensor_permutation_test.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-stats-plot-sensor-permutation-test-py>
for EEG data (averaged over time window with size [subjects X electrodes])
and after plotting p-values, there are some areas that have red color (mean
significant p-value) but without any significant electrodes. How could this
be possible? Does this function average over p-values from each subject,
and because of the high variance, the corresponding electrodes won't be
significant?

Thank you,
-Maryam