[Mne_analysis] permutation_t_test

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:19:38 EST 2020

> Does this function average over p-values from each subject, and because
of the high variance, the corresponding electrodes won't be significant?

No it does a permutation over the subjects (using sign flips), and the p
value is the proportion of time the (absolute) t score from the true data
was greater than the maximum (absolute) t value from the permutations. The
result for parametric data should be like what you get from just doing
`scipy.stats.ttest_1samp` on your data. For background, see:

https://mne.tools/dev/auto_tutorials/discussions/plot_background_statistics.html#non-parametric-tests

Eric