[Mne_analysis] Dipole fit of simulated data

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 20:52:59 EST 2020

Did you pass `min_dist=None`? It needs to be a float. The default (5.)
should be reasonable in most cases, though it can be closer to zero if you
want (eventually there might be numerical problems if you set it too close
to zero).

Eric

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM Karin Westin <karin.westin85 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>         External Email - Use Caution
>
> Here it is:
> </home/karin/anaconda3/envs/mne/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mne/externals/decorator.py:decorator-gen-298>
> in fit_dipole(evoked, cov, bem, trans, min_dist, n_jobs, pos, ori, verbose)
>
> ~/anaconda3/envs/mne/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mne/utils/_logging.py in
> wrapper(*args, **kwargs)
>      88             with use_log_level(verbose_level):
>      89                 return function(*args, **kwargs)
> ---> 90         return function(*args, **kwargs)
>      91     return FunctionMaker.create(
>      92         function, 'return decfunc(%(signature)s)',
>
> ~/anaconda3/envs/mne/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mne/dipole.py in
> fit_dipole(evoked, cov, bem, trans, min_dist, n_jobs, pos, ori, verbose)
>    1073         raise ValueError('EEG average reference is mandatory for
> dipole '
>    1074                          'fitting.')
> -> 1075     if min_dist < 0:
>    1076         raise ValueError('min_dist should be positive. Got %s' %
> min_dist)
>    1077     if ori is not None and pos is None:
>
> TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'
>
> I'm currently using fsaverage as MRI
>
> Thanks
>

> Den sön 23 feb. 2020 kl 01:30 skrev Eric Larson <larson.eric.d at gmail.com>:
>
>>         External Email - Use Caution
>>
>> Can you give the full traceback? It's hard to know what the problem is
>> based on just the last bit.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 7:36 PM Karin Westin <karin.westin85 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>         External Email - Use Caution
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>> I'm want to perform a dipole fit of my simulated (MEG) data, but
>>> applying mne.dipole_fit throws the error  "TypeError: '<' not supported
>>> between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'". Is there any way to circumvent
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Karin