[Mne_analysis] Bug opening preprocessed data using mne with pickle

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:50:02 EDT 2020

> I got an error message "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named
> 'mne._digitization'". I don't understand where this comes from and when I
> preprocessed my data again all like before it is working, but I would like
> to be able to open my former preprocessing file for my analyses to go on
> the same basis.

See:

https://mne.tools/stable/overview/faq.html#why-is-it-dangerous-to-pickle-my-mne-python-objects-and-data-for-later-use

What I  would recommend is that you temporarily go back to using whatever
version of MNE you used to generate the files, and re-save them using
`epochs.save`, `raw.save`, etc. rather than pickling them. It ensures
forward and backward compatibility.

Eric