[Mne_analysis] write fif files

Abdallah Qusaibe abdallah.qusaibe at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:56:12 EDT 2020

Dear mne programmers,

I load from a tutorial in brainstorm the fif file:
mind004_050924_median01_raw.fif
as you seen in the attached image after loading we have the channel and raw
file

The information from the file coil_def.dat is integrated in the channel
file when loading data from CTF .res4 or Elekta .fif files. But in my case
I   I edited the coil_def.dat file and aslo I edited the channel file after

My questions:

-Brainstorm does not provide any FIF writer. How can I write those file in
MNE Python?
-How can I deal with problem in mne ? editing the meg channel files and
coil_def.dat channel, and making  the information from the file
coil_def.dat is integrated in the channel file then compute the forward
problem?

Best  regards