[Mne_analysis] No digitization found - ICA

Daniel Cabral dac0069 at auburn.edu
Sun Sep 20 07:57:49 EDT 2020

Hi,
I am trying to work with a .vhdr file from brainvision. I loaded the data, and did some plots. Then, I tried the ICA, but I ended up with the following error: "No digitization points found". I'm guessing this is related to the set montage. I did a lot of searching, and I noticed a lot of people have the same issue. Still, I can't seem to find a way to solve this.  I am also attaching the file, in case you need. For now, I just want to be able to run the ICA and to properly do the set the montage (if needed). I looked all over the MNE website for solutions, but I simply can't work this out.

PS: MNE is amazing!

Here is what I've got so far:

import mne

mne.set_log_level('WARNING')
fname = "go.nogo.01.vhdr"
raw = mne.io.read_raw_brainvision(fname, preload=True)

raw.plot_psd(fmax = 50)

raw.plot()

raw.filter(1,40)

raw.plot()

raw_new_ref = mne.add_reference_channels(raw, ref_channels=['RightEar'])
raw_new_ref.plot()

ica = mne.preprocessing.ICA(n_components=15, random_state=97)
ica.fit(raw)
ica.plot_sources(raw)

ica.plot_components()

Daniel Cabral.

PhD student
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Performance and Exercise Psychophysiology lab
School of Kinesiology
Auburn University