[Homer-users] channel pruning & image reconstruction

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 9 07:54:28 EST 2012

Thanks for bringing up the question of image reconstruction. I didn't
realize that people used that feature in Homer1. We've been working on
reconstructing images on an atlas head model similar to what we have in

Cooper, R.J., Caffini, M., Dubb, J., Fang, Q., Custo, A., Tsuzuki, D.,
Fischl, B., Wells, W., 3rd, Dan, I. and Boas, D.A. (2012). "Validating
atlas-guided DOT: A comparison of diffuse optical tomography informed by
atlas and subject-specific anatomies." Neuroimage 62(3): 1999-2006.

This should be available in the next few months.

Homer1 just reconstructed images assuming a semi-infinite medium. I am
curious if many people want this capability from Homer1 added into
Homer2. Please let me know. Best to use this email list for group
discussion on it. Thanks.

For your first question, I think you are asking for confirmation that a
manually pruned channel (i.e. dashed with pink highlight in the SD
window) is not considered in subsequent processing functions. Is this
correct? Note that there is a Prune Channels function that will
automatically prune channels based on signal level or SNR. An
automatically pruned channel will have a yellow highlight in the SD window.

David