[Homer-users] Probabilistic Spatial Resgistration

Huppert, Ted huppertt at upmc.edu
Sat Feb 2 09:29:47 EST 2013

Hi Drew-

I have some code that does the opposite of what you asking; given the location of optodes in 3d Cartesian space registered to a brain, it projects the points (and brain image) into the 10-20 space for display.

The code was easy to write so you can probably just do something similar.  I took the landmark points (ear, nasion, top of head) and fit it to an ellipse/sphere.  Then it's easy to map from the nearest Cartesian coordinate to spherical (theta/phi) positions and vice versa.  Its not perfect but its an easy way to do it.  You could do the same from the parameter measurements (over top and around the head) to define the width/height/length and registration of the ellipse.  SPM has a similar function in their M/EEG tools (I think it is spm_meeg_register.m or something like that).

-Ted

Theodore Huppert, PhD
University of Pittsburgh
Department of Radiology