[Homer-users] Cannot load .nirs files on mac

Labruyere Rob Rob.Labruyere at kispi.uzh.ch
Wed Dec 23 17:20:45 EST 2015

Dear Daniel, try Matlab 2013a or earlier, Mathworks changed quite a few things from 2013b on.
Good luck with your submission!

Best,
Rob

Rob Labruyère, PhD
Deputy Head of Research

Rehabilitation Center Affoltern am Albis
University Children’s Hospital Zurich
Mühlebergstrasse 104
CH-8910 Affoltern am Albis
Telefon +41 44 762 5297
rob.labruyere at kispi.uzh.ch<mailto:rob.labruyere at kispi.uzh.ch>
www.kispi.uzh.ch/rza/de/forschende<http://www.kispi.uzh.ch/rza/de/forschende>

DAS SPITAL DER ELEONORENSTIFTUNG

Am 23.12.2015 um 03:16 schrieb DANIEL THOMAS CORP <dcorp at deakin.edu.au<mailto:dcorp at deakin.edu.au>>:

Hello everybody,

I am on a mac running Yosemite v10.10.3 and am having a problem loading .nirs files on MATLAB R2015b. Three other users have posted on this forum with the exact same problem this month. One of these users was using El Capitan: https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail/homer-users/2015-December/000838.html

Any help would be great as the analysis of these data are holding up my PhD submission!

The error message I get is:

>> Homer2_UI
Undefined operator '~' for input arguments of type
'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes'.

Error in EasyNIRS_DisplayData (line 12)
if ~displayAxes

Error in EasyNIRS>EasyNIRS_OpeningFcn (line 176)
EasyNIRS_DisplayData();

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 220)
    feval(gui_State.gui_OpeningFcn, gui_hFigure, [], guidata(gui_hFigure),
    varargin{:});

Error in EasyNIRS (line 43)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in Homer2_UI (line 3)
EasyNIRS();

I am not sure whether it is related to the fact that while the files are .nirs, when I look inside them, next to 'Kind' they are showing up as a 'Unix Executable File'

Thankyou in advance for any help whatsoever!
Daniel Corp
dcorp at deakin.edu.au<mailto:dcorp at deakin.edu.au>

Daniel Corp

Ph. D. Candidate