[Homer-users] Cannot load .nirs files on mac

Jiaming Cao jiamingc at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 23 20:48:19 EST 2015

Hi Daniel,

Have you fixed your problem yet? If not, please comment or delete lines
12-14 in the "EasyNIRS_DisplayData" file. I don't think those lines are any
useful, and after discarding them, them program is running fine.
".nirs" is not the reason. It is actually just some variant of Matlab .mat
file. You can load it even without the program, by using this command:
load('YOUR_FILE_NAME.nirs','-MAT')
Please feel free to throw me emails if you have more quesions.

Cheers,
Jiaming

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 9:16 PM, DANIEL THOMAS CORP <dcorp at deakin.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>

> I am on a mac running Yosemite v10.10.3 and am having a problem loading
> .nirs files on MATLAB R2015b. Three other users have posted on this forum
> with the exact same problem this month. One of these users was using El
> Capitan:
> https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail/homer-users/2015-December/000838.html
>

> Any help would be great as the analysis of these data are holding up my
> PhD submission!
>

> The error message I get is:
>

> >> Homer2_UI
>
> Undefined operator '~' for input arguments of type
>
> 'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes'.
>

> Error in EasyNIRS_DisplayData (line 12)
>
> if ~displayAxes
>

> Error in EasyNIRS>EasyNIRS_OpeningFcn (line 176)
>
> EasyNIRS_DisplayData();
>

> Error in gui_mainfcn (line 220)
>
>     feval(gui_State.gui_OpeningFcn, gui_hFigure, [], guidata(gui_hFigure),
>
>     varargin{:});
>

> Error in EasyNIRS (line 43)
>
>     gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});
>

> Error in Homer2_UI (line 3)
>
> EasyNIRS();
>

> I am not sure whether it is related to the fact that while the files are
> .nirs, when I look inside them, next to 'Kind' they are showing up as a
> 'Unix Executable File'
>

> Thankyou in advance for any help whatsoever!
>
> Daniel Corp
>
> dcorp at deakin.edu.au
>

> Daniel Corp
>
> Ph. D. Candidate