[Mne_analysis] issue with inverse operator (repost)

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 7 04:40:47 EDT 2011

Hi Ricky,

Are the MEG data maxfiltered? Sometimes the inverse operator calculation with MEG + EEG does not work correctly if maxfilter is involved. Can you send the screen output of the inverse operator calculation?

- Matti

On Jun 6, 2011, at 11:24 PM, Hari Bharadwaj wrote:

> Hi Ricky,
>   One possibly useful test to see if the issue is related to machine
> precision/round-off related bugs is to apply the inverse operator in
> MATLAB at double precision using mne_ex_compute_inverse().
>
> If that works fine, then it probably confirms a bug with mne_make_movie.
> If that also looks weird, then it could potentially point to something
> more upstream such as  the SSP (that's used on the data) not being applied
> to the lead field/noise covariance correctly etc..
>
> Regards,
> Hari
>

> On Mon, June 6, 2011 3:57 pm, Eric Larson wrote:
>> Assuming you are running linux (are you?), were you able to test it on
>> both x86_64 and i686 versions?
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:52 PM,  <rsachdev at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
>>> Hello Eric,
>>>
>>> We tried the stable release and the nightly build.  The stable release
>>> inverse operator seems to work fine but than the issue with the
>>> projection
>>> vectors exists.  With the nightly build, it's the opposite, the inverse
>>> operator gives me the issue and there seems to be no problem with the
>>> EEG
>>> and MEG projection vectors.

> --
> Hari Bharadwaj

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu