[Mne_analysis] mne or dspm for comparing evoked amplitude between subjects

Matthew Panichello panichem at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 12 18:43:25 EST 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to extract the peak evoked amplitude within a particular ROI
for each of my subjects, then test if this value differs between two
subgroups of the subjects.

I'm vaguely aware that normalization can be important when comparing
certain statistics between subjects, although I'm not entirely certain
when this is appropriate. I have a hunch it may be applicable now, though.

As I understand it, dspm is essentially noise-normalized mne. Is it more
appropriate to use dspm, rather than mne, when comparing peak response
amplitude between subjects?

Thanks,

--
Matthew Panichello