[Mne_analysis] appropriate way to combine intrasubject dSPMs?

Dykstra, Andrew Andrew.Dykstra at med.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 6 05:41:06 EST 2013

Hi all,

What is the most appropriate way to combine intrasubject dSPMs, e.g.
multiple runs of the same task within the same subject in which I cannot
assume that the gain and noise covariance matrices are equivalent across
runs.  Is it as simple as averaging the resulting dSPMs from each run.
This would seem to make sense for the raw current estimates, but I'm
unclear on the noise-normalized estimates.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

--
Andrew R. Dykstra, PhD
Auditory Cognition Lab

"How small the cosmos.  How paltry and puny compared to human consciousness . . . to a single individual recollection." - Vladimir Nabokov