[Mne_analysis] equivalence of averaged single trial STCs and evoked STCs

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:56:18 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

in one of my recent analyses I ran into some problems with regard to
morphing and single trial
label time series extraction which lead me to set up some comparisons:

https://gist.github.com/dengemann/9470121

(gist based on sample data, should run with a proper MNE-Python install)

[image: Inline image 1]

It turned out morphing was unproblematic, but,
I'm wondering whether the differences between averaging in source space and
projecting evokeds is expected, and if so, how it can be avoided?

The background is that I'd like to be confident about the relating single
trial analyses at the evoked level.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Denis