[Mne_analysis] Spatio-temporal clusters permutation test

Stillerman, Benjamin BSTILLERMAN at partners.org
Mon Sep 15 13:42:37 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to run the non-parametric permutation test using the spatio_temporal_cluster_1samp_test function. I'm first setting the connectivity with:
connectivity = spatio_temporal_tris_connectivity(grade_to_tris(5), n_times)
The call is to the stats function is:
T_obs, clusters, cluster_pv, H0 = mem.cache(spatio_temporal_cluster_1samp_test,
                                                ignore=['n_jobs'])(X1 - X2,
                                                threshold=t,
                                                n_permutations=n_permutations,
                                                tail=0,
                                                stat_fun=stat_fun,
                                                connectivity=connectivity,
                                                n_jobs=n_jobs, seed=0)
(Where stat_fun is the scipy t-test: scipy.ttest_1samp.)

When this line is encountered, it appears to stall forever. It's been stuck on this line for several days. When I run the analogous script for spatial clusters only (averaging over a time window), it works and executes in about 15 minutes. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Ben