[Mne_analysis] Choosing a subset of sensors with a uniform distribution over the head

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Sat Sep 20 01:40:52 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to make a plot of MEG sensors over the head, but since I
have over 200 sensors I don't want to plot them all (it becomes more
or less illegible; see http://i.imgur.com/lT93i2T.png). What I would
like to do is take half or even a third of the channels, and plot them
at double or triple the size, as in http://i.imgur.com/6wcrNFS.png
(which I created by just plotting the even-numbered channels). As you
can see from this image, simply selecting the even-numbered channels
in my array doesn't give a nice symmetrical or uniform distribution.
Is there any way to decimate the channels or to otherwise choose a
subset of channels that is uniformly distributed over the head? I
asked the Fieldtrip mailing list but that package doesn't appear to
have any built-in way of doing this, so I thought I would try here as
well.

Thank you very much,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles