[Mne_analysis] Temporal Resolution in Time-Frequency Analysis

Phillip Alday phillip.alday at mpi.nl
Tue Oct 1 18:26:15 EDT 2019

The advantage to the Hilbert transform is that it more or less preserves
the original temporal resolution but completely loses any frequency
resolution (hence the need to filter beforehand, which does in a certain
sense impact temporal resolution).

Regarding your second question, a quick search yields a number of results:

https://mne.tools/stable/search.html?q=filter&check_keywords=yes&area=default

but especially

https://mne.tools/stable/generated/mne.io.Raw.html#mne.io.Raw.filter

https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/preprocessing/plot_30_filtering_resampling.html