Hello,
I am emailing to inquire about whether poor grey/white contrast in one part
of a scan (i.e., the posterior and superior part of the scan; ~parietal
cortex) can be addressed. The contrast in other parts of the scan looks
good and freesurfer does a great job of distinguishing white from grey. For
the parietal cortex area the cortex appears very thin. In addition, the
entire brain appears 'white' or bright, even though the brain doesn't look
this bright if you reconstruct it from dicoms.
We have now obtained 4 scans like this, so it isn't just one person with
thinning cortex.
How can I make an adjustment to only this superior part of the brain and
leave the rest of it alone? Or do I need to make an adjustment to the
intensity early on for the entire scan and then basically start over with
editing?
Best,
Christine
--
Christine N. Smith, Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry
University of California, San Diego