Hello!
I've been using Freesurfer to build maps of the cortical surfaces of
surgical epilepsy patients who have volunteered to participate as
research subjects. It works great, except when these patients have had
previous resections. In these cases, recon-all fails; I know there are
ways that people get around this when working with brains that have
lesions (manually filling in white matter, e.g.) but is it possible to
get a reconstruction of the brain as it actually is? For example, in
the case of someone who has previously had an anterior temporal
lobectomy, I would love to end up with a model that does not have an
anterior temporal lobe.
I'm sorry if this is an obvious question - I've been digging through
the archives of this list and furiously Googling and I've only found
descriptions of how to manually fill in holes (due to lesions or
caused by bad segmentations) in intact brains.
Thanks in advance for any pointers,
Jed