Thanks Bruce. Is there anyway to address it in the intensity normalization phase?
-----Original Message-----
>From: Bruce Fischl <fischl(a)nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>Sent: Feb 9, 2010 12:29 PM
>To: Sherri Novis <echotalk(a)earthlink.net>
>Cc: freesurfer(a)nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Skull Stripping extra dura & vasculature
>
>Hi Sherry,
>
>that's pretty tough. The dura is very bright and quite close to the gm.
>You may need to erase more of the dura
>
>Bruce
>
>On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Sherri Novis
>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a series of datasets with skull stripping issues - namely left over dura/vasculature in the occipital cortex, and some in frontal areas.(Attached is a jpeg of the type of issue. It's pervasive throughout the slices, across a handful of subject data.)
>>
>> I have rerun skull stripping changing the watershed value, however it's not making the distinction between dura and gray matter. (recon-all -skullstrip -wsthresh [tried 0..35] -clean-bm -no-wsgcaatlas -subjid [subject_id] - FS version: freesurfer-Linux-centos4-stable-pub-v4.3.0)
>>
>> I also attempted to edit 50% of the slices by erasing voxels to make a clear boundary between the dura and cortex and then re-ran autorecon2 to see if it would at least adjust the pial surfaces - however that did not work (pial surfaces still crossed the one pixel boundary I made into the dura).
>>
>> Can you recommend any other flags or things to try before I edit/erase the excess by hand?
>>
>> Thanks for your time -
>> Sherri