Hi All,
I am attempting to build and run freeview on Mac OS X 10.6.1 and am
having problems with freeview crashing on startup. From gdb, the
crash is the following:
Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1 0x02b148c0 in vtkOpenGLRenderWindow::OpenGLInit ()
#2 0x02b391a9 in vtkCarbonRenderWindow::CreateAWindow ()
#3 0x02b37fa4 in vtkCarbonRenderWindow::WindowInitialize ()
#4 0x02b36435 in vtkCarbonRenderWindow::Start ()
#5 0x02a9d1db in vtkRenderWindow::DoStereoRender ()
#6 0x02a9d3a9 in vtkRenderWindow::DoFDRender ()
#7 0x02a9d832 in vtkRenderWindow::DoAARender ()
#8 0x02a9bc54 in vtkRenderWindow::Render ()
#9 0x00130417 in wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor::OnPaint
(this=0x1d05aa00) at wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.cpp:409
I am on Mac OS X 10.6.1 and build the freesurfer tree using the
following settings:
CFLAGS=-m32
CXXFLAGS=-m32
LDFLAGS=-m32
./configure --disable-Wall --disable-Werror --prefix=/chb/freesurfer/
x86_64-Darwin/packages/freesurfer/dev/ --with-wxwidgets-dir=/usr/pubsw/
packages/wxWidgets/wxMac-2.8.10/
I have the /usr/pubsw tree mapped to /space/lyon/9/pubsw/MacOS10.5-
i686 on the NMR network (for what it's worth, I have also tried
building all of freesurfer with all of the dependent libraries
installed locally and ran into the same issue). When I try running
the same executable on a Mac OS X 10.5.8 machine I get the following
different error:
LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10810 for the file /chb/
freesurfer/x86_64-Darwin/packages/freesurfer/dev/bin/Freeview.app.
I have not had any luck resolving the errors on either system. Some
help from someone who has successfully run freeview on the Mac would
be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
-- Dan