External Email - Use Caution
Thank you Bruce,
Yes, this is what I did.
Because the insular contacts are not in the insula anymore after I use the
vertex to find the RAS coordinates for the inflated surface, my conclusion
is that this only works with surface electrodes, not depth electrodes.
Best wishes,
Giulia
On Thu, 24 May 2018 at 23:22, Bruce Fischl <fischl(a)nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
wrote:
> Hi Giulia
>
> find the vertex index of the vertex you are interested in, then read the
> surface whose RAS coordinates you want (e.g. the white or pial) and
> lookup the RAS coords of the vertex at that index.
>
> cheers
> Bruce
> On Thu, 24 May 2018,
> Giulia Liberati wrote:
>
> >
> > External Email - Use Caution
> >
> > Dear FreeSurfer experts,
> > How can you obtain RAS coordinates for an inflated surface when you have
> vertex #?
> >
> > I am using the function read_surf('lh.inflated') to find the coordinates
> of some electrode contacts
> > located in the left insula. However, when I plot the coordinates using
> plotPialSurf (iElVis), these
> > locations are completely off (i.e., far outside from the insula).
> >
> > I don't understand what is going wrong.
> >
> > Any possible explanation?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Giulia
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Giulia Liberati, PhD
> >
> > Institute of Neuroscience (IoNS)
> > Université catholique de Louvain
> > Avenue Mounier 53 bte B1.53.02 à 1200 Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
> > Claude Bernard; Etage 02; Local 0826; Site Bruxelles Woluwe
> > Brussels, Belgium
> >
> >
--
Giulia Liberati, PhD
Institute of Neuroscience (IoNS)
Université catholique de Louvain
Avenue Mounier 53 bte B1.53.02 à 1200 Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
Claude Bernard; Etage 02; Local 0826; Site Bruxelles Woluwe
Brussels, Belgium