Hi Dr. Reuter.
Thank you again for your help.
I ran the following command: "mri_robust_register --mov rawavg_1.mgz --dst
rawavg_2.mgz --lta v1to2.lta --affine --satit" on the two rawavg.mgz
images; one from each time point from the cross-sectional outputs. I have
attached the information from the terminal and the output. Are these
outputs appropriate to find the scaling information? If so, where can I
find it? I am not very familiar with transformations, thus any information
or directions to resources I can use would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance for you help.
Best,
Tamara
Message: 6
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 21:18:34 +0100
From: Martin Reuter <mreuter(a)nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Brighter image at baseline vs. follow up
using longitudinal processing stream
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer(a)nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Message-ID: <9BCB373D-D368-4B36-B607-69E6A14AF952(a)nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Hi Tamara,
mvoing in and popping out sounds like a scaling problem. We do only rigid
transforms, so the scaling would already be in your original inputs. If
that is the case, it could mean that there was a scanner calibration or
something that caused scaled images and that would not be good. It should
however appear in all images that have the calibration in between time
points.
You can try to use mri_robust_register with the affine flag to see if any
scaling is present in the rawavg.mgz images between the two time points (it
should report scaling separately on the screen output), else use lta_diff
with the appropriate flags. You can also look at the affininely registered
images and see if it looks better.
Anyway if there is global scaling in the images, I would try to investigate
a where this comes from and also drop that image from the study.
Best, Martin