Hello Freesurfers,
I have a subject who's missing part of one slice in the MR images (on
the right hemisphere). This causes problems in the surface formation,
as shown in the attached pictures.
First I tried to fix the problem by giving the central CC as seed
point for the hemisphere cutting plane (-cc-crs), but this didn't
help. The pictures were taken after I tried to fix the problem by
filling in voxels manually into the wm.mgz. I managed to fix most of
white surface problems, but the pial surface is still strongly drawn
to the black line caused by the partly missing slice. This causes
visible, canyon-like deformation as seen in the 3D view of pial surface.
The partly missing slice is probably due to an error in the scanning
process - I looked at the DICOM images with a DICOM viewer, and the
problem is also present there.
Do you have any suggestions on how to force the pial surface to follow
a certain path, much like control points for wm? Or any other
suggestions for fixing the problem? Getting the subject to do another
MRI scan is unlikely at the moment.
Thank you in advance,
Sami