External Email - Use Caution
Dear FreeSurfer experts,
I wrote in this question around a week ago, but haven't heard back. I'm
attempting again without attaching an image, since I didn't see this
getting posted the first time.
I'm seeing this type of error reoccur for around half of the subjects I've
reviewed so far for a study. The pial and white surfaces are merging to the
outermost boundary of the brain, and almost completely overlapping each
other. Provided that these are older subjects, but I didn't see this error
in my experience editing older subjects in other studies. Is there perhaps
a preprocessing command I could perform since this error is systematic
throughout the brain, not specific to a region?
I tried segmenting out the dura/CSF, and rerunning with a cleaner brain
mask, and that helped a little but not too much. I also tried running it
with a T2 input, but that also didn't fix the issue, though there was a
little improvement;. Trying to run it with a FLAIR now, since the T2 didn't
include the whole brain.
Thank you for any input!
Batool