Hi all,
I've installd FreeSurfer through Xubuntu virtual machine on Windows 7, 64
bit according to the installation instructions the FreeSurfer Beginner's
Guide. Unfortunately I'm facing an error in the recon-all process (as
described below), which I think has to do with the VM, because the error
does not occur if run on a real Linux machine. Would someone please advise
if I'm missing something? Are there specific VM setup steps in terms of
sharing drives or copying certain files into a specific folder that I'm not
aware of? (I have just followed the steps on the installation guide,
nothing more).
The problem I'm facing is:
recon-all -autorecon1 crashes for me in one of the steps before skull
stripping with an error like this:
Done spline_smooth: posixio.c:210: px_pgin: Assertion `*posp == ((off_t)(-1))
|| *posp == lseek(nciop->fd, 0, 1)' failed.
nu_estimate_np_and_em: crashed while running spline_smooth (termination
status=6)
nu_correct: crashed while running nu_estimate_np_and_em (termination
status=65280)
ERROR: nu_correct
Linux FreeSurfer 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59
UTC2009 i686GNU/Linux
recon-all -s BT501_FS exited with ERRORS at Mon Nov 26 15:26:10 EST 2012
I made sure that I have the newest version of FreeSurfer, the environment
variables MNI_DATAPATH and MNI_PERL5LIB and PERL5LIB exist and I ran
$FREESURFER_HOME/bin/fixup_mni_paths as well. But unfortunately I still
face the same problem. I also tried the process for a different subject,
but the same error. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I have
attached the recon-all.log file.
I'd really appreciate your help.
Negar
Negar Memarian, MASc, PhD
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Neurology
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA